- 1 cup besan / gram flour / kadle hittu
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds / ajwain
- salt to taste
- ½ cup water, or as required
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tomato, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- oil, for roasting
1.firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 cup besan.Add in ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp ajwain and salt to taste.Additionally, add ½ cup water or little more.
2.Mix with the help of whisk to form a smooth batter.Now rest the batter for 30 minutes or more so that besan absorbs water and turn light.Furthermore, add in ½ onion, ½ tomato, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 inch ginger and 1 green chilli.
3.Mix well with the help of ladle and get to a flowing consistency batter.Further, pour a ladleful of batter onto a hot tawa and spread gently.Pour a tsp of oil over chilla & allow to cook on medium flame.Now flip the chilla and cook both sides.